Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Snow Angel Blue

I have a new old friend outside my door. His name is "Snow Angel Blue".

He comes to visit me almost every year, and I"m always eager for his arrival .

It's amazing how little he makes me feel...and I do enjoy feeling small again.

Approaching what will soon become known as "our spot", my heart beats a little faster and there is a rush of anticipation stirring within my belly.

Time sits suspended above me as I relinquish control and fall back into his arms....
arms that never fail. Never disappoint. And always give me enough.

I'm left with a quiet stillness as all of the sound rushes out of the world.

My eyelashes gather snowflakes as the clouds dance across a gray blue sky...

a cold and familliar embrace...

snow angel love.

1 comment:

Geoff Schutt said...

Charmaine,

It's good for each of us to have a "snow angel blue," or variation thereof. Those arms, that embrace -- it will never let you down, and it will always be there to protect you.

Peace, & plenty of Good Tidings.
Geoff (and Eleanor, who says, "Don't forget to mention the whiskey!")

(that Eleanor can be a troublemaker sometimes, but she's also much like "snow angel blue")

*
We abide.

... For the words, for the goodness, for the Belief that the heart cannot lead us wrong. And neither can the inner child we keep close to that heart, the one who says, "GO for it!"