Monday, December 8, 2008

The Stranger

The Stranger 08-07-1999

The stranger sees me and his gaze penetrates my soul.
Time sits suspended above me like a pendulum ready to fall.
People move around the periphery of my vision but it's a surreal passing...
as if my existence is separate and my presence unknown to everyone except the stranger.
He's been waiting for me...
he's hiding in the shadows of darkness in a place I dont even know of yet.
Always watching.
Waiting.
To come for me.
I don't know his name of if I'll even know his face when I see it.
Perhaps he'll be a vision familliar to me. Whole and complete.
His voice will stir my soul and sieze my heart.
He will say things with meaning yet speak the truth.
He won't even know what lipservice is.
He will love me without condition or judgement or pretense.
His love will not define me but complete me.
It will erase the painful memories and clear away the blackness that threatens to encompass me.
His laughter will encourage me and give me hope for a brighter future. One without deception. Without suffering.
Without "I'm sorry".
His embrace will leave me with longing-I but a mere servant to his touch.
He will be honest and kind and true to his heart.
This stranger I see will embody the greatest love of all time...
where past present and future collide.
This stranger I see is a man that I've never met...but one my heart longs to know.
Be it a dream, be it unreal or be it false hope...
if it is a dream I'll choose to sleep forever...
just so that I can know him

No comments: