There are some magical things happening in our universe right now.
There is a beautiful comet "Lulin", otherwise known as C2007/N3 making what we can only guess is it's first orbit in our solar system.
Tomorrow, Feb. 24, 2009, it may be possible to see it with the naked eye.
What makes this comet so unusual is that it moves in the opposite direction of the planets...so...backwards.
It's taken on a greenish haze due to the poisoness gasses surrounding it...
and it has a evident twist in its comet "tail"....
The propulsion of it creates an optical illusion appearing as if the tail is in the front when there is one in the back as well.
There are many facets of this comet that resonate with me. But probably the most fascinating of all is that this is a once in a lifetime show. This comet won't appear again for over a million years.
For some reason...this is compelling to me.
If you look back at history you will read various concepts about what comets travelling within our solar system mark the beginning (or end) of.
I feel connected to this strange little comet....
as I feel there are important things happening in my life too....
sometimes I"m moving forward in a strange and backward propulsion...
and my orbit is just as velocitious....
despite the twists in my own tail.
I like this comet. I think it's a sign of amazing and magical things....
so tomorrow I'm going to look up at the sky and look for Lulin...
and celebrate the dance of this backwards green twisted comet...
I'll toast to the wonder and the awe and the unknown....
and to all of us who move backwards to get to where we need to go.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Perhaps -- you will live for a million years, CK ... and your "backward propulsion" is another sign that you follow your own gypsy path.
Eleanor says: "Sometimes, instead of simply looking over your shoulder, you just need to turn around and walk the other way."
Eleanor teaches me lots of things like that.
I like your thoughts on your observations. Very nice!
damn clouds, my observations enshroud!
Lulin says hi!
Post a Comment