Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Cloudspeak

This is a trajectory.

That's exactly what it is.

What I'm experiencing right now is a path that I've never known but for sure is my destiny.

When I was a little girl I used to talk to the clouds. I thought they gave me strength, great power and amazing energy. No one knew I could communicate with the natural world and that I was terribly special.

I had something to believe in. Something to ground me firmly into the solar system.

I guess I've never moved very far from that little girl with the big imagination, believing that the predetermined path is illuminated by the chaos around us.

I still talk to the clouds but I'm older now and I understand the language. It used to be the magic would have to find me...now I know where to look.

It's in everything and everyone around me...it's in the trees against a backdrop of a great blue sky....
a cloud of starlings spinning from the rooftops....random connections and fated meetings with strangers.....

They are the intricate workings of an ever moving world...weaving a tapestry of the spiritual realm I'm only now begining to understand as divine inspiration.

Socrates said reality is unavailable to those who use their senses and if you only see with your eyes, you are blind.

I'll choose intuition over reality any day and ride this trajectory to the end.

And promise to see the world and everything in it with my eyes wide shut. Always.

2 comments:

HWM said...

Hello Charmaine --

This is a wonderful first posting! It's interesting how you mention looking at the world with "eyes wide shut."

Eleanor at "This Side of Paradise" is always telling people to "open up their eyes." (with exclamation, too!)

In essence, I think we're after the same thing. As in, when a person passes you in the street and avoids your glance for fear of any connection, but the eyes are still open. (And yet, the person's senses are "closed" to anything other than the "step by step.")

It's a fascinating concept, this -- and whether eyes open or closed, "connecting" is the big picture. We can't and don't need to connect with everyone of course, be we also can't afford to miss any "worthy" connections, yes?

*
Eleanor says:
"This is the BEST first blog post I've ever read. Maybe I'm too sheltered in my Biographer's 'Little Room,' but I do read a lot, and you've outdone yourself. Bravo!"

*
To that, our eyes connect with the world, open or shut.
-- Geoff (and Eleanor)

HWM said...

correcting a typo in one paragraph:

*

We can't and don't need to connect with everyone of course, BUT we also can't afford to miss any "worthy" connections, yes?

*

May you enjoy a Maker's Mark, Charmaine. I toured the distillery once, a few years back. It was fascinating to watch the workers put the red wax on the bottles. I'll toast to your first post with an Evan Williams.

Cheers!
Geoff